Sunday, November 9, 2008

Twins?





November 10, 2008

Okay, so I don't think I'm alone in this one, but looking at the side by side pics of Parker and Riley at roughly the same age - I think they look really similar. It's like they are siblings or something. Weird how that is working out. Although, of course, the pictures that I managed to upload don't highlight that fact at all because I am retarded.

So Riley has reflux, just like Parker did. That's awesome. We are really enjoying going through that again. I mean the spitting up of complete meals until it seems like he's choking. That's just good times - not to missed. I mean why wouldn't I want to go through that again.

Here are a couple of other things that I've noticed about the little guy (Riley that is). First - they new born stage really does kind of suck. Now Julie will get all fired up at me for this one, but seriously - they just sit there cry, eat, poop, and keep me up - and I mean quite literally that it is. And I guess I'm hanging out too much with a preschooler because I'm looking at Riley and thinking "okay buddy let's interact." What do I get? Nothing, except a lack of sleep. So it sucks like 90% of the time. But then there are times when Riley wakes up and you are holding him and he just kind of looks at you and smiles. That makes everything worth it. It is one of the most pure moments ever.
I do have to share the quick story about Riley's first bath. Complete disaster does not even come close describing it. So Julie and I are sitting there talking (about my inconsistent parenting, I believe), and the bath is on our sink. And so Julie is filling the water in the tub with a bucket. And after like 10 minutes the tub is barely getting full, and so finally Julie asks "what is that sound?" I look over and there is water pouring out of the tub, all over the sink, into all of our cabinets and drawers ruining. And it's like 10 at night now, so we have to put Riley into the papasan and empty out every drawer in the bathroom. Water is everywhere, Riley is awake and just sitting there looking at us going 'what the hell is the matter with you guys?' So finally around midnight we have finally straightened the bathroom up, so we figure we might as well bathe him now.
The bath itself was relatively uneventful until Julie starts to rinse him off. I say to her "why the hell are you spraying me with water?" She's not. Riley had decided the warm water was a little too relaxing and peed all over the place. And when I say place, I mean me. All over me. Sucked.
And then to put a perfect finish on the evening, after Julie feed Riley - I am standing there burping him with him over my shoulder. And he burps - and then I feel a very warm liquid half way down my back.
The little guy vomited all over the place. It was a little freaky actually because it was almost two cups of vomit or so, which my shirt so willingly absorbed.

No comments: