Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Daily Outlook for a Three Year Old


Sep 2, 2008
So I'm putting the big man to bed this evening, and I don't even think he was talking to me - but he started to run through a mental check list of what his day looked like tomorrow. "Well, I'm going to wake up, and then I'll PLAY, and then I'll eat lunch and then I'll take a nap, and then I'll PLAY, and then I'll go to bed."
Busy day. I guess breakfast and dinner aren't too high on his agenda. I should mention that Julie actually runs through a mental check list of her day also (although she makes sure she gets three squares a day).
Another thing we've noticed recently is that he seems to be projecting a fair bit of his feelings onto his cookie monster stuffed animal. It makes it a little tough when you are trying to get PK to do something. For example we were at dinner the other night and I had put some green beans on his plate (ugh). Being a good parent, and not having to eat them myself, I said "make sure you have a bite of green beans buddy." To which Parker responded that he didn't like green beans and more importantly, Cookie didn't like green beans either. So I asked "Cookie, you don't like green beans? But they're so good for you - they give you strong muscles." Parker takes Cookies heads and starts twisting it so that Cookie was saying "No" and says "see Daddy, Cookie doesn't like green beans."
Not only is it almost impossible to keep a straight face when a blue stuffed animal is refusing to eat his vegetables, but I also am forced to seriously negotiate with the blue monster to try and get my son to eat his food.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: