Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Personality Traits seen in the Big Man (and that's not a good thing)

Aug 27, 2008



So there are a couple of things about the little man that I must admit, I feel a little bad about having instilled in him.



His love of all things on wheels is not one of them. As a matter of fact, I have no idea where the hell that came from. Example. We went to the zoo twice this year. There we are surrounded by all sorts of flora and fauna (more fauna than flora, but still) - and the boy got most excited when we walked by some backhoes that were working in one of the caged areas. "Look daddy, it's a backhoe!" He's jumping up and down all excited. I mean seriously, the kid sees backhoes basically every day, but obviously since these were behind a cage, they were wild backhoes - not the domestic backhoes that he normally see.

So his love of vehicles I have no control over - I mean I barely know that cars drive on four wheels. He got that one on his own. Some other personality traits, not so much.

He is getting out of the bath the other night, and he has these three plastic frogs that squirt water and whatever in the tub with him. As we are getting out, I take the frogs out and line them up next to the tub. As he is getting out, he looks at the frogs and one of them has fallen over, and he says 'pick that frog up daddy, make that one look like the others.'

Aw, buddy - you are so anal retentive. I'm not so sure that's a good thing, but I know where he gets it from. I mean I have to walk around the house to make sure the light switches all line up the same way.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: