Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Weekend with the Goads



Aug 27, 2008.



So my last couple of posts ate themselves (or more likely, I accidentally deleted them) - which means I have to try to recreate what I wrote (near on impossible). So I'm not even going to really try, but I can recap the weekend at least.


I mean the Goads were in town, and they're kind of a big deal. So Parker had his first sleep over with Vivian, where the slept in the same room and everything (although Dave did erect an invisible force field around Vivian, so PK couldn't get too frisky).

Couple of observations about the sleep-over. First is that you probably want to discuss sleeping styles. For example, PK is basically a vampire. He sleeps in complete darkness, no night light, close the door, room darkening shades, and then we blindfold him. I mean its ridiculous. Vivian, however, sleeps in a fair bit of light. I mean it's not like they hold a flashlight over her head or anything, but we obviously had to work that out - which we settled by trying to find the middle ground.


That actually caused them both to stay up longer because it was too light for PK, but too dark for Viv. That led to our second observation. Three year olds are like little people. I mean we turned on the monitor (big brother is indeed listening) and listened to them carry on this whole conversation. Granted - the conversation was disjointed and nonlinear, so it wasn't like having a conversation with an adult, but more like having a conversation with, say, me.


Polar bears swim under water and walk on ice (I think these might both be actual facts) and then they were going to ride Blast Off when they went to Sesame Place on Sunday. Literally - that was the conversation. Polar bears swim underwater and we're going to ride blast off tomorrow.


We actually had to go up there a couple of times and tell them they weren't going to ride blast off tomorrow if they didn't go to sleep - right now!
And speaking of Sesame Place - it was a little weird this time. So the big man went last year and we went on all these different rides and stuff -while this year all he really wanted to do was hug Elmo and play in the water. And so part of me wants to be supportive and everything - I mean if he doesn't want to do something, you know, you don't want to force it. But the other half of me was like - ' you get your ass out there and play, damnit' I'm not a good parent.
So when we get home - PK ends up getting chased around and tackled by his girlfriend and I end up saying to Julie 'we gotta get that kid signed up for tai-kwon-do or something'



Posted by Picasa

No comments: